Thursday, December 22, 2011

I fell in love during the wrong season.

It's a known fact that summer is a season where romances should be kept light and casual. It is a season where one can flutter about and do whatever he or she wants-- as the heat rises, tempers, and minds flare up and cause indecisive thoughts. You shouldn't have to choose between a single person during the summer. However, as the temperature starts to go down, so do the amount of prospects, and the desire for one person to just cuddle up next to gets stronger.

Winter is a couple's season. Therefore, I fell in love during the wrong season.
Granted, I don't mind being single. It's awesome, and it means I have my choice of men. However, sitting on a bus for around five hours obviously sheds a lot of light on my feelings. I thought travelling and helping out on this medical mission would give me perspective about my own choices and my future--- but instead, I'm thinking about you and the fact that I fell in love with you. And how I didn't give myself enough time to get over you. I sort of just flung myself back into the dating world, in an attempt to "get out there." There was no time for me to actually get over you though. Though this is my normal reaction after I break up with someone ("The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.") I have to be completely honest and say that you weren't just any other guy, this wasn't just any other breakup, and that you were different.

I'm going to get a lot of shit for saying this but damn, was I in love with you. Your words, your actions, just you in general. You were different because you treated me well, but not only that-- I was different in our relationship as well. It may have been short (only a few months), but it was my first, real, mature relationship. "I'm not trying to have a competition with him, I wouldn't be offended if he made you happier than I did. I think you're always going to have the people you can't forget in life, but because you've learned these lessons and dealt through so much stress from these people I wouldn't want to return to the past. But, move forward to see what is in store for me in the future." It's nice to look back and appreciate what you've had.

However, it's the most heartbreaking thing to realize that you've been living in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment